curl-users Mailing List Archives

Re: Curl and incorrect content-length

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:13:07 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Dave Artz wrote:

> I noticed it did not return the full page (40617 bytes) as it does in a web
> browser.

[...]

> I tried the --ignore-content-length flag and this did not help. I also need
> to fetch from the PHP implementation where this flag doesn't (seem to)
> exist.

That's a PHP/CURL flaw then that you'd need to take to the PHP team.

> Is there a way to force curl into downloading the entire page?

I would suggest you start comparing --trace-ascii outputs with LiveHTTPHeader
outputs and make sure that A) the responses really are the same apart from
the sizes the clients receive and B) the embedded javascripts aren't what
makes theb browser return the files differently!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se