Re: how to use --proxy-negotiate, exactly?

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:45:27 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>> Specifying a user acts like a trigger to begin authentication.
> I don't see why the presence of the http_proxy environment variable is not
> enough of a trigger to begin authentication.

I think it should be. Feel free to poke on the source to make it so and send
us the patch!

> Yeah, given that I have already been in the source and found out why it's
> failing I was hoping somebody familiar with this code could take my
> description and either verify what I am seeing and doing is correct or
> identify a bug.

We've fixed some Negotiate-related things since 7.18.2 so it's not unlikely
that the bug is gone or at least different in 7.19.3.

Negotiate is a tricky procotol since we don't have anything in the test suite
that verifies its functionality, and most of us main devs seem not to not use

List admin: