curl-users

Trouble finding SSL_connect

From: Charlie Sharpsteen <chuck_at_sharpsteen.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:21:07 -0800

Hello All,

I am having a bit of trouble compiling curl with SSL support. I have
openssl-0.9.8j compiled and installed in my home folder. When I try and
configure curl:

./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-ssl LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/lib
CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/include

I get the following error:

checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no

At which point the configure script bails. config.log shows that the command
that was run was:

 configure:23723: checking for SSL_connect in -lssl
2085 configure:23755: gcc -o conftest -isystem /home/cls59/include -g0 -O2
-Wno-system-headers -isystem /home/cls59/include -L/home/cls59/lib
conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto -lrt >&5

cls59/lib contains libssl.a - everything should be good.

However, confdefs.h has the function defined as character:

char SSL_connect ();

While cls59/include/openssl/ssl.h has it defined as integer:

int SSL_connect(SSL *ssl);

Could this be the problem? Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly
appreaciated!

-Charlie