curl-users

Re: i18n/Unicode/NTLM

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:28:36 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Jeff Rasmussen wrote:

> /*
> * In the case the server sets the flag NTLMFLAG_NEGOTIATE_UNICODE, we
> * need to filter it off because libcurl doesn't UNICODE encode the
> * strings it packs into the NTLM authenticate packet.
> */
>
> Does this mean that we can not authenticate with a double byte user name?

I suspect that's a fact, yes. Or you modify the code.

> I did some testing based off of the help I received here
> (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2009-01/0127.html) but I can't seem to
> figure out how to use a double byte user name/password.

I have no idea either.

> Is this possible with curl or does curl only authenticate with OEM?

NTLMFLAG_NEGOTIATE_OEM seems to be the bit it sets in the code, so I figure
that means that it only authenticates with OEM.

NTLM in general is a bit of black art and I'm convinced our NTLM code has lots
of room for improvements!