curl-users

RE: which list is which (was Re: TFTP issues in curl lib 7.19.4)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:15:05 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, no-return_at_cardiff.fr wrote:

> I just regret there is so little activity on certain lists like the php/curl
> list... I am facing complex php/curl usage, (multipart/related with xml
> files) and regret to have no answers to my posts...

Right, but we're an open source project and we only attract the number of
people that are interested to participate. And for some reason the amount of
interested participants is fairly low in the PHP/CURL camp even though there
are millions of users.

That specific list (curl-and-php) also suffers by the fact that we host the
list here as we (the cURL project) does the libcurl parts by the binding parts
are done by the PHP team and very few PHP people ever participate there. So a
lot of questions kind of fall between the chairs because it's not strictly
about how libcurl works and there's nobody there who cares or knows about the
PHP parts.

> Maybe it's this G.T. was meaning in his posts... In which lists he would
> have the most success to get answer and community support..

You should still ask on the list that is made for its specific purpose, as
asking on the wrong list only gets the readers of that (wrong) list annoyed.

Getting more people involved is "just" the same old normal problem of getting
people to participate in open source projects. We're not alone with that...