rookie cURL troubles

From: Need Wiz <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:37:05 -0300

I'm a long-time user of cURL, but by no means a pro. I happened to get lucky that cURL "just worked" with only two options set:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_ENCODING, 'gzip');
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp);

Recently, the pages I parse are coming back with an error message, though I can still open the pages in a browser and "view source".

I've dumped headers, played with cookies and cookie jars (mostly via trial and error - I can't really get my head around the concept enough to know if I really need to be worried about cookies - I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely).

I'm wondering if someone would be so kind as to look at in a browser, and advise what I need to consider to get the same content back via cURL.

List admin: