curl-users

Re: Slow HTTP Post upload speed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:36:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, :) wrote:

> I know that it should "just send" the data as fast as it can, but it does
> not. Curl and libcurl have the same "slow" result.
>
> Any idea? I hope I attached all necessary informations.

Allow me to quote a change from CHANGES that was included in 7.19.5 (I'll just
guess that you use an earlier version since you didn't say and I'm also
similarly assume that you're on windows based on the .exe extension):

- Constantine Sapuntzakis filed bug report #2783090
   (http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=2783090) pointing out that on windows
   we need to grow the SO_SNDBUF buffer somewhat to get really good upload
   speeds. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823764 has the details. Friends
   confirmed that simply adding 32 to CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE is enough.