curl-users

Re: Curl 7.19.2 Crash on opening Ftp second connection while uploading.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:43:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Mohit Gupta wrote:

> I am using Curl 7.19.2. Curl 7.19.2 is crashing while uploading a file when
> using FTP. It working nicely with other protocol https, http and tftp.
> I think, there is some problem while opening a data connection for FTP. I
> could see in ethereal capture that my application is crashing after sending
> ACK for
> server's "Response code: Entering Passive Mode (227)".
>
> Unfortunately in my application, i couldn't use debugger. But using printf,
> i could manage to see CURLcode ftp_statemach_act(struct connectdata *conn)
> function which is logging
> my printf statement.
>
> Perhaps this issue is already fix. if yes, please provide the patch to fix
> the problem.

You're using libcurl within your application, right? Then I advice you to
instead use the curl-library list to reach other libcurl users and hackers.

With such a fuzzy description of the problem with no traces or logs of any
kind, it is impossible to say if this is a new problem or something we already
fixed. I suggest you try with 7.20.0 and see if the problem remains, and if it
does you go on to produce a better way for us to understand what you
experience and post that to the curl-library list.