Re: curl and http redirects; possible security implications

From: Alex Bligh <>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:19:25 +0100

--On 19 April 2010 13:11:05 +0200 Daniel Stenberg <> wrote:

> But regarding the three different operators to negate a protocol. Why
> can't we just settle with a single one? It'll be easier to document and
> it'll be less confusing for users who read others' command lines.

Just trying to please everyone. My preference would be for "-" as it's
the most logical given "+" and "=", notwithstanding the option confusion.
Apart from that, I prefer ~ to ! on the basis of minimising shell escapes.
If you are happy with using "-", I will delete the two case: statements
for ~ and !.

Is there a better way to read the list of protocols and CURLPROTO_
constants from libcurl? And the default values for the two protocol
masks? I didn't want to touch libcurl unless necessary, as I have
to admit to not being entirely sure how the ABI/API compatibility

Alex Bligh
List admin: