Re: Hope soon oAuth - Twitter turns off basic authentification byAugust 16th

From: Dana Contreras <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:04:42 -0700

> > 2. There have been people expressing interest to implement support (with my
> >   expressed approval):

I contacted Viksit a while back to see if he'd made any progress but I
never heard back. I'll take a look at the existing curl code and see
if this is something I think I can handle in my free time.

In the meantime, we have a tool called twurl that you can use. It's
written in ruby, which might be an obstacle, and it's definitely not a
permanent solution, but it's better than nothing:

Dana Contreras
Twitter Platform Team
List admin: