curl-users

CURL requires library files

From: <mohan.p_at_polaris.co.in>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:11:25 +0530

Hi ,

I am new to curl and I have a requirement to download files using FTPS
protocol. Our team has installed curl in our server(unix,SOLARIS) and when
I type curl at the command prompt I am getting error message as the
following libraries are missing.

libidn.so.11
libintl.so.8
libiconv.so.2
libgcc_s.so.1

Sample error message:
ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libidn.so.11: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Following is the curl version installed in our server,

$ curl --version (This is in my dev server)
curl 7.18.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10) libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8h
zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.8
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

My question is, do we need to install any other package(s) along with curl
to avoid these error messages and curl to work ?
Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Mohan Padamata
91 40 3095 3250 | 91 970 474 1234

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in