curl-users

Re: Hope soon oAuth - Twitter turns off basic authentification byAugust 16th

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:49:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Roland Mösl wrote:

>> 3. Nothing has happened to move anything like this into curl so you can be
>> completely sure it won't exist in any released curl version by August 16th
>> 2010. We need volounteers interested in making it happen.
>
> How to motivate the volunteers?

Well, I have no special means. Volunteers would be one or more people
interested in improving (lib)curl in general or with oauth support in
particular. We've developed curl like this since at least 1998 and it has
worked so far, I don't think oauth is different.

A primary motivator would be for people and companies that use (lib)curl to
access twitter when they drop support for Basic, as then they will need to
either switch to another tool or make curl do the job with oauth instead.
(IIRC, I haven't really investigated the details myself.)