curl-users

Re: curl tftp connection fail

From: dharmesh desai <desaidharmesh82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:57:42 +0530

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, dharmesh desai wrote:
>
> Please stop the top-posting. It makes everyones' brain hurt.
>

> After More testing with curl-7.20.0
>> for tftp it is sending ptr quarry after successful dns quarry.
>>

> Are you saying there's a superfluous reverse name lookup? If so, we fixed
> one of them in 7.21.0.
>
> Does it work better if you try the latest release?
>

> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

I found strange problem with this issue.
I have disabled Ipv6 support. at this time only ipv4 support is only enable.
this time tftp://tftpserver failed to connect tftpserver.
but when i am enabling ipv6 support at that time it is able to connect tftp
server with domain tftpserver.
I have configured static build for curl-7.21.0.
So, i think it problem with ipv4 function gethostbyname() or some where
else?

Regards,
Dharmesh Desai