Getting SPNEGO on a Win32 build to work

From: Zach Copley <>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:40:12 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I have a version of cURL (curl.exe) and libcurl built with all the requirements listed for SPNEGO to work, but I can't seem to get it to go.

C:\TEMP\curl-spengo\curl-spnego>curl -V
curl 7.21.2 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.21.2 OpenSSL/1.0.0b zlib/1.2.5
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Am I using the right command line incantation? I didn't see anything else that looked apropos in the man page. Is there some dependency missing? The below doesn't work. cURL seems to ignore the "Authorization: Negotiate" header with SPENGO stuff in it.

C:\TEMP\curl-spengo\curl-spnego>curl -k -L -v -u fakeuser: --negotiate

Any ideas for how I could get negotiation to work?

Also: is it at all likely/possible that SPNEGO would work in libcurl even if it doesn't work in the cURL command line tool?

Thanks for you help!

Zach Copley -

List admin: