curl-users

Re: Getting SPNEGO on a Win32 build to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:13:55 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Zach Copley wrote:

> Am I using the right command line incantation?

I think so.

> I didn't see anything else that looked apropos in the man page. Is there
> some dependency missing? The below doesn't work. cURL seems to ignore the
> "Authorization: Negotiate" header with SPENGO stuff in it.
>
> Any ideas for how I could get negotiation to work?
>
> Also: is it at all likely/possible that SPNEGO would work in libcurl even if
> it doesn't work in the cURL command line tool?

SPNEGO is a strange beast.

I have never personally built a (lib)curl for SPNEGO, and I've never had
access to a server that would allow me to try it.

I don't know of many users that use it and I'm not at all sure it still works
as supposed, due to all these circumstances and the fact that we develop curl
at a fairly high pace and features that aren't tested and "nursed" properly
tend to drop off and get left behind.

I'm afraid that the best way to get SPNEGO running is to roll up your sleeves
and dig into the code. Make sure the correct logic is performed for the given
input.

Oh, and if you have questions or suggestions on the implementation I think the
curl-library may be the better mailing list to take those to.