curl-users

Can't get more complicated URLs to work

From: Ocean <Ocean_at_cobaltnight.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:30:00 -0500

        I have what I am sure is a common question. If I'm trying to grab a
web page's source in a temp file, I can do this perfectly fine as long as
it's a simple URL, like "http://www.google.com".

        What I'm having problems with is how to make this work with a more
complicated URL, where I'm trying to do this:

cURL.exe -s -o "C:\Temp\cURL Temp.txt"
"http://www.domain.com/find/provTestSearch.do?cityQuick=Los+Angeles&stateQui
ck=CA&test_individual_Quick=lastN&groups=50&langpref=en&site_id=testfind&sea
rch_cat=dall&geo1=city&sortOrder=ASC&provider_category_Quick=dcat&button_fla
g=Q&secureStatus=Y&test_name_quick=test_prov&psid=null&sortBy=name&lastProvR
ow=0
"

        I've tried a few different methods of making this work, but I
haven't succeeded yet. If I post that URL (in it's non-redacted form)
directly into a browser, it works just fine.

        Can someone show me where my mistake is and how I can get this to
work properly?