curl-users

RE: Can't get more complicated URLs to work

From: Ocean <Ocean_at_cobaltnight.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:17:23 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
> Behalf Of Alex Bligh
> Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:54 PM
> To: the curl tool
> Subject: Re: Can't get more complicated URLs to work
>

> isn't the OP trying to use GET?
>
> If I were the OP, I would tcpdump what curl sends, and what a
> browser sends, then look at the difference. I would bet it's
> some horrible DOS escaping stuff, or perhaps some exciting
> limit on DOS command line length. If this were Unix, I'd
> suggest using single quotes rather than double quotes.
>
> --
> Alex Bligh

        You are correct that I'm trying to use GET. I followed your
suggestion and did a packet capture comparing the two. The data was
identical, but it led me to the solution - which was that the site in
question did not respond correctly unless it had the appropriate Cookie,
even though there was no authentication taking place. Once I extracted that
and made the appropriate changes to the cURL parameters, it worked
correctly.

        Thanks!