curl-users

curl using default proxy localhost:5865

From: Ben Vercammen <benvercammen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:35:59 +0100

Dear all,

I'm currently having a strange little problem with curl in the windows
command prompt. When using "*curl google.com -v*", curl apparently wants to
use some default proxy on my localhost

> C:\curl>curl google.com -v
> * About to connect() to proxy localhost port 5865 (#0)
> * Trying 127.0.0.1... Connection refused
> * couldn't connect to host
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Of course, this is solved by adding "*--noproxy google.com*" to the command.

However, I've checked with a few colleagues (gave them the same curl.exe and
dll files and they're using the same OS), and for them curl doesn't want to
use the proxy localhost:5865...

So my question is this; has anybody got any clue as to why my system is
trying to use some sort of default proxy? Is it a setting that can be
changed somewhere? I'd really like to know (check
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53543 for the other half of my complete
issue) so even the slightest hints are welcome!

Some more info; I'm using Windows XP (32 bit) and* "curl -V*" yields

> curl 7.21.2 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.21.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8o zlib/1.2.5
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s
> rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: AsynchDNS Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

Thanks in advance!