curl-users

Re: CURL intermittently not connecting to host

From: Tim Tessier <ttessier_at_swhistlesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:09:28 -0500

On 2011-01-27, at 8:51 AM, Tobie Vermeulen wrote:

> This whole week we are experiencing severe issues with CURL coming back with error message 7. 3 times it will work and then several times not - we cannot find a true pattern to the problem - it is fine intermittently. When I test it on another server, Windows 2003, all is fine.

In addition to Daniel's comments, there are many potential issues that could be the cause of this specific issue.

What kind of network are you on - fixed or wireless? Do you have a way to monitor traffic volume or server load? Are you running the server in a VM? What kind of processor load. What kind of hardware do you have between your servers and clients ( old/new/overheating ).

Also - not to say anything about windows and licenses but are you running IIS and are you somehow authenticating with windows user accounts - licensing reflection counts in this case I think? Or is your firewall on the server doing wierd things?

Thanks,
Tim