curl-users

Re: Using curl to download CBOE csv file quotes...help!

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:58:12 -0500

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM, <dsisk_at_nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Oh yeah, I've found the -c and -b cookie options...just not any example of
> how to use them with this blasted CBOE site! ;-)

Sigh - top-posting...

I usually just put a standard set of curl options at the top of my scripts,
then reference it later:

     CURLOPTS="-b cookies -c cookies -s -S -L -m 30"
     curl $CURLOPTS -o file.html http://server.domain.com/stuff/things/

If the cookie file doesn't exist, it gets created, relevant cookies are sent
to the host, all cookies are saved when curl exits.

Ralph Mitchell