curl-users

cURL and downloading audio

From: Dave Higgins <dave.higgins_at_dkds.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:48:04 -0600

I use cURL to download a couple of live radio programs. The one station
usually provides me a good stream for the 3 hours of the program. The
other station is rather flaky in that the stream ends abrubtly but curl
continues to try. My script that starts the process has taken into
account that this happens and when using mplayer or other utility would
sleep for 10 seconds and then start up again, or keep trying until the
end of the program. Using cURL, when the stream fails, curl keeps trying.

I'm wondering if the --max-time variable will help, e.g. curl --max-time
30, is that only going to download for 30 second before dying or is that
going to download until done and then die if nothing happens for 30 seconds?

--
You don't have to be nice to people on the way up if you're not planning
on coming back down.