Re: Passing Username and Password via PHP into curl - Suggestions

From: Doug McNutt <>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:42:40 -0600

At 16:48 -0400 8/10/11, Tim Tessier wrote:
>passthru("curl -k -u $username\":\"$password -F \"upload=</home/omniupdate/
>public_html/brcctv/25live_imports/Library;type=text/xml\" <>");

Yeah but do learn about using a .netrc file in your home directory and curl's -n option. .netrc can be set read only for just the owner and does a bit to protect your passwords which really ought not appear in source code.

But then I really donno haw to do that if it has to be executed by a web client coming in thru HTTP.

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--
List admin: