curl-users

Re: problem downloading data from website

From: Alex Bligh <alex_at_alex.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:24:06 +0100

--On 25 August 2011 08:18:05 -0400 Nate Jensen <natejensen88_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean.  I included the URL in my original post,
> but here it is again with quotes.
>

> "http://www.google.com/finance/getprices?q=TSLA&x=NASDAQ&i=60&p=15d&f=d,c
> ,h,l,o,v&df=cpct&auto=1"

I mean you need to supply the URL to curl quoted. Your shell (cmd.exe
I think you said) is interpreting the ampersands (and possibly other
characters like the question marks) rather than passing them to
curl. Depending on your shell that will either mean enclose it in
quotation marks, or put a backslash in front of the characters the
shell interprets (your particular problem looks like ampersands) or
similar.

--
Alex Bligh