curl-users

Bug with IPv6 and cookies

From: mailsvb <mailsvb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:07:12 +0200

Hi all,
I believe this to be a bug in curl. I can reproduce it with the
command line tool and the curl PHP extension.
It has to do with cookies and IPv6.

I am logging into a webpage by sending a URL with username and
password. I get a cookie and save this cookie to a file in order to
use it during the next GET requests I send to the same webpage (for
authentication)
This works perfect when using IPv4, please see attached curl debug
with IPv4 protocol.

When I do the exact same thing with the same webpage, only difference
is: I am contacting the IPv6 address, Authentication does not work.
In the attached log files I can see that when using IPv6, the cookie
information is not passed into the next request, althoug I'm using the
same code as with IPv4 addresses.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sven