curl-users

Re: Curl and HTTP/2

From: Bisera Milosheska <biseramilosheska_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 16:43:28 +0200

Ok, I will explain the whole process from the beginning. I have Ubuntu
14.04 server running on a virtual machine in VirtualBox. This what I do:

$ sudo apt-get remove openssl (to remove the default package)
$ wget https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2-beta2.tar.gz

$ tar -xvzf openssl-1.0.2-beta2.tar.gz

$ cd openssl-1.0.2-beta2

$ ./config

$ make

$ sudo make install

This installs OpenSSL in /usr/local/ssl, but I have to add this path to
$PATH, so that OpenSSL is found.
Then I get Curl from the Git repository:

$ sudo apt-get remove curl

$ git clone https://github.com/bagder/curl.git

$ cd curl

$ autoreconf -i

$ automake

$ autoconf

$ ./configure --with-ssl (or whatever option I have tried so far)

and the configure doesn't give the SSL enabled option, so I stop here.

SSL support: no
(--with-{ssl,gnutls,nss,polarssl,cyassl,axtls,winssl,darwinssl} )

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

Then how are you doing that? I build curl with a static openssl like that
> very regularly and it works fine for me:
>
> $ LDFLAGS="-ldl" ./configure --with-ssl=$HOME/build-openssl

Should this be the path to the untared openssl or the path where openssl
was installed? But I tried both ways:

LDFLAGS="-ldl" ./configure --with-ssl=$HOME/openssl-1.0.2-beta2

executes without SSL support, and

LDFLAGS="-ldl" ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

gives the error: "configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were
not found where specified!"