curl-users

Re: curl 7.29.0 on centos7 unexpected timeout

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:11:41 +0200

On Thursday, October 09, 2014 17:30:37 David M wrote:
> Hi Kamil
>
> There is no delay when using IP address. The link you provided matches my
> observation.
> I initially thought the problem to be DNS lookup but dig queries respond
> with no delay so I started looking at curl.
>
> Do you have any thoughts why downloading 7.29.0 src (from
> http://curl.haxx.se/download/) and compiling would give different behavior
> and no delay?

The information is already provided in the bugzilla I pointed you to:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1130239#c2

Upstream curl-7.29.0 does not contain the bug. It was introduced by backport
of upstream commit 0feeab78 (included in upstream curl-7.31.0) into Fedora 19.
RHEL-7 inherited it from Fedora 19 later on. It can be fixed by upstream
commit d529f388 (included in upstream curl-7.32.0).

Additionally, as Daniel pointed out, the bug is known to appear only if the
threaded resolver is used.

The bug is now fixed in Fedora 19, which was the only stable Fedora release
suffering from this bug. However, it has not yet been approved by Product
Management for inclusion in a RHEL-7 update.

Kamil