curl-users

Re: Download SSL Server Certificate?

From: Boris Lenz <boris.lenz_at_ims.sells.ch>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 23:49:00 +0200

On Thu, October 8, 2015 13:49, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> libcurl has a feature (CURLOPT_CERTINFO) that offers the data you're
> asking
> for (and some more), but nobody has yet made the command line tool use
> that...

I'd like to add that the point I was making does not have anything to do
with *client* certificates, even though my initial example suggested that.
It applies to both situations where client auth is required and such where
no client auth is required. It would just be a nice feature to "print" the
cert(chain) the server sends during a handshake in cases where the
handshake fails (e.g. because we can't verify the server's certificates
due to missing CAs etc.).

Unfortunately I'm not the quality C programmer to add this feature to
cURL, but if I get the spare time, I might look into it (really!).

But then again, I'd have to wait for a new z/OS port from Rocket Software.

In any case, thank you Daniel, and everyone who contributed to cURL, for
your this great program! And thanks to IBM/Rocket for the port, "we" love
it, too! :)

Regards,
Boris