curl-and-php

Re[2]: Why at use CURLOPT_NOBODY remote server fulfils request Incorrectly?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:11:44 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, SID wrote:

> Option CURLOPT_NOBODY true is required for not getting the document body.

Strictly speaking that is not true.

Setting CURLOPT_NOBODY to TRUE indeed makes libcurl send a HEAD, which doesn't
include a body.

But CURLOPT_NOBODY set to FALSE doesn't *force* you to receive all data. At
least libcurl doesn't impose that and I have a feeling the PHP/CURL binding
doesn't either.

> Could you please explain why remote server "
> http://blog.my-choice.biz/index.php?disp=stats " processes request
> differently in these examples?

I don't know what the server end does and I don't know exactly what the
PHP/CURL binding does, so sorry I can't do that.

> How can I solve the problem NOT to receive the document body, but to make
> remote server " http://blog.my-choice.biz/index.php?disp=stats " process my
> request the same way as if I received document body?

I don't know the PHP/CURL binding enough to tell.