curl-and-php

RE: help needed!!!

From: fbsd2 <fbsd2_at_a1poweruser.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:04:22 -0400

            The truth is php/curl is only documented on the (author of curl)
website.
I have not been able to find any other documentation on the web.

The author’s document is very poor and requires the reader to have in-depth
knowledge of how a browser exchanges packets with a website server.

The secret information missing from the php/curl website is you need another
software product to log the exchange of header info between your browser and
the target server before you can understand how to code php/curl code.

LiveHTTPHeaders comes in a unix/decktop/firefox browser plugin or Microsoft
IE browser function which logs the exchanged headers as you navigate the
target website.

http://www.blunck.se/iehttpheaders/iehttpheaders.html

http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

From the log you will see the encrypted data exchanged between your browser
and the server web page.
If the target webpage used JavaScript or redirects the navigation gets very
confusing.

In the log you will see all the image files being fetched and the .css style
page.
You do not need to have php/curl duplicated this.
The log also will show you the cookies and you will have to tell php/curl to
capture these cookies and pass them on to the sequential webpage.

The bottom line is if you do not use one of the header logging programs
talked about above you will never be able to get php/curl to work.