curl-and-php

Re: NTLM auth error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:17:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Doug Dalton wrote:

> I am having a problem with NTLM auth with 7.15.5 on centos 5.2 getting the
> error  :
>
> gss_init_sec_context() failed: : Unknown code krb5 195* Authentication
> problem. Ignoring this.
>
> Does this mean a bad password?  (I am using a known good password)

No, this has nothing to do with NTLM nor your password. This is because the
server responded saying it (also) accepts GSS/Negotiate auth and libcurl then
called a gss-related function (in preparation in case that auth type would be
the one to use) that then failed.

> curl 7.15.5 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b
> zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

> PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Jul 16 2008 19:52:52)

You're using a PHP version from 2008 but libcurl and OpenSSL from 2006! Both
the libcurl and OpenSSL versions have known vulnerabilities and at least the
libcurl version has been bugfixed numerous times since.

I don't know what gss-lib you use as the version output doesn't show that, but
given the age of the other packages I'd say it's quite likely that you could
fix this problem by updating (or even changing) that too.