curl-and-python

Pycurl equivalent to curl "-o" option.

From: BZT <sjwright68u_at_charter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:15:20 -0500

Hi folks. First post to the list.

I'm looking to "migrate" one of my bash aliases that uses curl to a
Python script. I find I use it multiple times, one right after the
other. What few Python scripts I've seen and used thus far appeal to me
in that one does not have to exit them without answering a prompt or
(better from my POV) entering an exit "keyword."

The alias, by name, is "homeperm" (without quotes). It's a shortcut to
"curl -o" and uses the same syntax, namely
*curl -o [filename] [url]*
I was wondering if an analogous command, or succession of commands,
existed in pycurl.

If so: How would one go about coding it/them in a Python script?

S Wright

--
There are no guarantees in anything in software. Software is written by
people, and people are flawed; therefore, software is flawed. When using