curl-and-python

Re: installing pycurl

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:13:55 +0100

"Matthew Ngaha" <chigga101_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> hey guys. pip and easy_install refuse to install pycurl for me. ive
> downloaded the tar file from the sourceforge site but im unsure how to
> use/install it?

I did a quick GNU makefile that suited my needs. You're welcome to
try it (attached). I've only the MSVC built version of Python. Hence pycurl.pyd
must (?) be build with MSVC too.

Put it in pycurl's src-dir, edit the 'CURL_ROOT' and do a
  mingw32-make -f Makefile.MSVC depend (optional since it needs gcc)
then
  mingw32-make -f Makefile.MSVC all install

(or use Msys's make). I've added a resource and manifest to pycurl.pyd.
Hint, hint Oleg.

--gv