timeout

From: Johan Nilsson <johan_at_nnl.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:42:01 +0100

Hello!

I use libcurl and I think I've completely missunderstood the timeout setting...

I thought it had to do with a request sent to a server, i.e. curl should wait a
maximum of timeout seconds for a server response.
But it seems that this has to deal with the complete transfer, i.e. a timeout of
30 seconds would automatically abort my ftp transfer after 30 seconds (Why would
anyone want this feature?).

So my questions are:
* How long will (lib)curl wait for a server response?
* What do I do to disable timeout? Is it disabled by default?
* Is progress callback triggered even though curl is waiting for a response?

Thanks!

//Johan