curl-config --libs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:07:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Another minor curl-config question

Right now, then I type 'curl-config --libs' I get a list of -L and -l options
I need to link with libcurl *BUT* not the ones for libcurl itself!

For example, on my solaris testbox it says:

% curl-config --libs
-L/home/dast/athena/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb -ldes
-lresolv -ldl -lsocket -lnsl

I.e, it doesn't include libcurl or the -L to libcurl's directory.

If I write an application that uses libcurl, I would need to create the
linker flags to my applications like:

  CURL_LDFLAGS=`curl-config --libs` -L`curl-config --prefix`/lib -lcurl

Is this good? Should I make a separate option that creates this latter
string, should I modify --libs or should I just leave things as they are?