Re: applying netsaint patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:03:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Garnel, Eric wrote:

> This is probably a very simple question, but how do you apply the curl
> patch for netsaint? I am using redhat 7.1 and installed the curl 7.8.1
> rpm

You'll be disappointed by my answer:

The only netsaint patch I know of, that was posted to this mailing list on
January 19th <http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2001-01/0006.html> was never
accepted in whole, and no smaller separate patches were ever supplied or
accepted.

Applying a source patch requires that you have the curl code and then run
'patch < file.patch' in the source directory. You may experience some
problems if you apply old patches on much improved source code.

The patch in the web page above is not a very good one.

If there still are people developing netsaint, it would be much better if we
could cooperate to make a proper patch that would do what you want in a
working way. Possibly even having code inserted in the main curl sources if
the changes are good and generic enough.

If you're talking about a different patch, then all my statements above may
be totally irrelevant.

Good luck!

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/