Re: docs in other formats?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:18:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Nilsson Johan wrote:

> Why not use doxygen (www.doxygen.org) for the documentation? It can be
> used to create nice html output etc. Very good program. I have however
> only used it for Java and C++ so far. It should support C too.

I have only a few requirements on a system I'd use for a documentation, and
they would include the ability to generate man pages, HTML pages and
plain-text pages.

Today the man pages are the source files from which I generate the other
kinds. I would require a nice conversion program for me to change source
format.

I can't see that doxygen offers this. I don't judge or value it as a general
system here, only how good it would fit me and curl right now.

If anyone would help me transfer all docs and show me how to generate the
output files, sure I'd consider switching. Until then, let's not
underestimate what we have already.

BTW, would man pages and HTML pages be enough? Or will there inevitably make
people ask for plain-text versions too?