Re: Little problem on the libcurl.dll generation

From: Steve Lhomme <>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:16:43 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Daniel Stenberg <>:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> > According to lib/libcurl.def the name of the DLL should be libcurl.
> And
> > that's what the .lib (used to link your app to libcurl.dll) is
> waiting
> > for. But in the .dsp file (used to generate the .dll and .lib with
> Visual
> > C++ 5/6) there is :
> [snip]

Actually you should change the Debug/ and Release/ ones.

> > I think that should be changed :)
> Ah, yes. Thanks for pointing this out!
> > Otherwise, does anyone have an example of how to correctly retrieve
> the
> > IE proxy settings ? (here for example it's loaded to a configuration
> file
> > :( )
> I have no idea. If you do find out, I sure others would appriciate if
> you
> posted a quickie about your findings!

After a few search, I've found that you have to use wininet.dll to retrieve
this kind of information (see InternetGetConnectedState and
InternetQueryOption / INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY ). But if you use it, that makes
libcurl useless (on windows machines), because it can do whatever libcurl does
(I think). :(

The only advantage would be to have a portable code to other platforms (only
the connection detection would be platform dependant).

The problem I have is when you have auto proxy configuration (through PAC
files) (see
live.html ) you have to parse that configuration file (that also works on Linux
or any platform where Mozilla/Netscape works) which is a bit complicated for
what I wanted to do (on Mozilla, they use a JavaScript code to parse it). :(

If anyone have such a parser in C or C++ it'd be glad to try it :)