Compiling cURL with Mac OS X

From: Guido Neitzer <guido.neitzer_at_pharmaline.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:52:17 +0100

Hi.

 Okay, I think you have seen my various questions on this list according the
use of libcurl with Mac OS X. It's working now! Here is how I made it:

1. Install fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net)

2. Update fink to the newest version (with the installed fink)

3. Install the latest version of autoconf, automake and m4 with fink

4. Install version 1.4.1 of libtool - you find it in the "unstable" section
(read the manual to see how to get unstable versions)

5. Get cURL from the cvs

5a. Build cURL with "./buildconf", "./configure", "make", "sudo make
install"

 That's it.

The problems I had:

- automake was not available on my system (Mac OS X 10.1.2 with Dec, 2001
Dev-Tools)

- autoconf was only available in version 2.1.3 (2.5 is required - you get it
with fink)

- libtool was only available in version 1.3.5 (Daniel told me to use 1.4.2,
but this is not available for Mac OS X, for me it works with 1.4.1 - don't
know, whether there are any problems)

Happy building.
Guido