Multithread with curl makes my application slower.

From: chicco <chicco_at_gammasite.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:40:23 +0200

I'm using wget in my application and want to start using curl instead.
My application is multithreaded and each thread hold it's own curl object to
fetch urls in parallel working.
I've succeded to work with the curl lib but the problem is that it is
working much slower than with the
wget (the work with the wget was also multithreaded). another problem is
that working with curl makes my application
consume a lot of the computer resources (again not like with wget).
What can i do?