Problem retrieving javascript

From: <ZOVIRL_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:55:04 -0500

Libcurl is a great tool, but I'm having some trouble
getting it to work with Javascript. What I am posting
here is a distilled version of my problem. Hopefully,
someone will know what I am missing.

I am using the code from sample.c (included with
libcurl, also available at
http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/curl/docs/examples/simple.c).
The only change I made to the code is to change the
URL to point to www.google.com

Now, here is the problem. When I load google in IE
and look at the source, this snippet is near the
bottom:
<script>
if (!hp.isHomePage('http://www.google.com/'))
{document.write("<p><a href=\"/mgyhp.html\"
onClick=\"style.behavior='url
(#default#homepage)';setHomePage
('http://www.google.com/');\">Make Google Your
Homepage!</a>");}
</script>

When I try to get the page from the sample program,
however, this part of the page is not there. Why? Is
libcurl dropping it? Is google sending a different
page? How can I get that script to be included in the
output from libcurl? Thanks!