Re: [OffTopic] HTTP server library...

From: Michael Roberts <michael_at_vivtek.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:00:29 -0500

Since a server has to sit there as a daemon, you're unlikely to find
anything particularly library-like; you're more or less restricted to
complete program packages. What are you wanting to do with this? Why,
for instance, is Apache not appropriate for your needs? If you just
really need something that can register C/C++ functions against
particular URLs, you might want to give AOLserver (aolserver.com) a
look, it's been open (and non-GPL) for over a year now. Another one I'd
look at might be Medusa (http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/), which is
Python-based but *extremely* lean, and you could easily write Python
wrappers for your C/C++ code to do whatever you want. I am a great
Medusa fan.

Or maybe I'm way offbase on what you're looking for....

Michael