Re: FTP with multiple logins

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:43:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Denis Lepine wrote:

> I want to use CURL in C/C++ in order to connect to a computer through a FTP
> firewall, as described in this example:
> ftp
> Connected to
> 220-bk PROXY FTP server (Version: Tue Oct 30 00:50:11 EST 2001) 220-FIREWALL
> FTP PROXY 220 please authenticate to FIREWALL Name (
> fwuser 331 Password required for fwuser.
> Password:
> 230-User fwuser authenticated
> 230 Login to server with "user" command.
> ftp> user anonymous
> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
> Password:
> 230 User ftp logged in. Access restrictions apply.
> ftp> dir
> 200 PORT command successful.
> Any idea about how to define the URL to do multiple logins, or to add a
> login with "curl_easy_setopt" ?

libcurl currently doesn't support this. It can only deal with one set of
user+password for an FTP URL, and there's no particula support for FTP

I believe the best thing to do would be to add ftp-proxy support. We got a
really nice list of different ftp-proxy approaches a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone up to this?