C++ streams interface for libcurl

From: <RBramante_at_on.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:08:51 -0400

Hello All,

I have a C++ wrapper class around curl that I have been using and I've
always kicked around the idea of implementing an istream/ostream type
interface for the data portions of the io (i.e take the place of the
read/write callbacks)

A while back I did some quick prototypes and my results were somewhat mixed
(either turned out using platform-specific code or seemed unduly complex)
so I didn't really pursue it.

I'm considering taking another look at it again, but this time I figured
I'd check if anyone else has already tackled this issue with good results
and have anything they'd like to share.