Re: C++ streams interface for libcurl

From: <RBramante_at_on.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:20:19 -0400

Hi,

Yes I looked at curlpp awhile back and my initial impressions (please
correct me if I am wrong) was that it was still very much callback-driven.
That is, the function-pointers had been replaced by stream straits but the
io was still driven via callback.

Concepually, I'd be looking to do something along the lines of:

curlobj.connect();
if(curlobj.getResponse() == HTTP_OK)
{
    ostream& os = curlobj.getOutputStream();
    os << "blah blah blah";
    os.write(buffer, size);
}

This would be loosely based on Java's HttpURLConnection is anyone is
familiar with that. This basically would allow the client to have much
more control over thr read/write a la the multi interface coupled with the
added benefits that streams have to offer.

Perhaps I've missed something and curlpp does allow for this. Please let
me know if that is in fact the case.

Thanks.

|---------+---------------------------------------->
| | Jean-Philippe |