Re: Question about CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:58:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2003, James Gallagher wrote:

> > What headers do you get back in the first response?
>
> Here's the first response, where HTTPAUTH is set to
> CURLAUTH_DIGEST|CURLAUTH_BASIC:
>
> * About to connect() to comet.dods.org:80
> * Connected to comet.dods.org (192.168.1.4) port 80
> > GET /secure-3.4/nph-dods/version HTTP/1.1
> Host: comet.dods.org
> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
> Accept-Encoding: deflate
> Accept-Encoding: deflate
>
> * The requested URL returned error: 401
> * Connection #0 left intact
> The requested URL returned error: 401
> * Closing connection #0

Ah, are you by any change setting CURLOPT_FAILONERROR to TRUE on this
connection?

It seems libcurl doesn't like that in combination with some of these new
authentication uses. I'll need to reconsider how that check should be done to
work better...

Switch off the CURLOPT_FAILONERROR and it might work better. :-)