Re: [REPOST] buildconf for Windows?

From: Early Ehlinger <early_at_respower.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:28:38 -0500

Sorry for the slow response. My 100% Up-All-The-Time Fibre-Optic connection
decided to choke yesterday and I ended up spending all day catching up on
computer maintenance instead of doing software development. Imagine that -
a 268 PC farm and we've got to fix 1 or 2 from time to time :)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm reading in the attached log, but it looks to
me like the configure script isn't checking for libws2_32 when it checks for
socket support. I assume that's why it's checking for gethostbyname,
anyways. If anybody knows how to add libws2_32 to the list of libraries
that configure checks, I'd be willing to bet we'd be one step closer to
supporting ./configure && make && make install for MinGW.

NOTE: I scrubbed the following items in the log for privacy reasons:

  * hostname
  * PATH entries below MinGW (the stuff it inherits from windows)
  * Intermediate directories between X:/ and curl.

I don't believe anything there could affect the results of the configure,
but thought I would point out the differences between what you're seeing and
what ./configure actually spit out.

-- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697
-- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour