Re: getting information about opened/reused/closed sessions

From: Matthias Klose <doko_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:39:03 +0200

Daniel Stenberg writes:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Matthias Klose wrote:
>
> > when setting the verbose mode, I get information, that a session is closed
> > (i.e. the server did close the session) on stdout. Is it possible to get
> > this information (or if a session is reused) with a library call as well?
>
> No, it isn't possible. I've never thought anyone would care... :-)
>
> (I mean, apart from receiving that exact string to the DEBUGFUNCTION.)
>
> Care to elaborate a little on your use case for us?

I want to use it as a tool to simulate multiple clients (setting
MAXCONNECTS to the number of clients), which send each a sequence of
requests. In each of the sequences I want to be able to specify, when
a new session is opened and closed (I think I can do this with the
available options), and I want to check, if a session was re-opened
(for library reasons) or unexpectedly closed (maybe for server reasons).

> And if possible, tell us
> how you would prefer this to work if you got to decide!

hmm, maybe just extending the getinfo call to return two flags 'new
session' and 'session closed'?

        Matthias