Re: getting information about opened/reused/closed sessions

From: Matthias Klose <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:39:03 +0200

Daniel Stenberg writes:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > when setting the verbose mode, I get information, that a session is closed
> > (i.e. the server did close the session) on stdout. Is it possible to get
> > this information (or if a session is reused) with a library call as well?
> No, it isn't possible. I've never thought anyone would care... :-)
> (I mean, apart from receiving that exact string to the DEBUGFUNCTION.)
> Care to elaborate a little on your use case for us?

I want to use it as a tool to simulate multiple clients (setting
MAXCONNECTS to the number of clients), which send each a sequence of
requests. In each of the sequences I want to be able to specify, when
a new session is opened and closed (I think I can do this with the
available options), and I want to check, if a session was re-opened
(for library reasons) or unexpectedly closed (maybe for server reasons).

> And if possible, tell us
> how you would prefer this to work if you got to decide!

hmm, maybe just extending the getinfo call to return two flags 'new
session' and 'session closed'?

Download today and enter to win an XBOX or Visual Studio .NET.;at.aspnet_072303_01/01