--negotiate and IIS

From: Tim Bartley <tbartley_at_au1.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:19:57 +1000

Hi,

I've been playing with the new --negotiate feature in curl and it
surprised me that it doesn't work with IIS's "Negotiate" http
authentication scheme. It expects "GSS-Negotiate" for the authentication
scheme (and then a Kerberos service name of khttp where IIS uses http).
When I change the code to look for "Negotiate" and use a service name I'm
happily able to authenticate using SPNEGO to IIS.

I've submitted a patch
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=804120&group_id=976&atid=300976)
that allows curl --negotiate to accept both "GSS-Negotiate" and
"Negotiate" but I was wondering if there was a good reason why only the
"GSS-Negotiate" mechanism was implemented?

Regards,

Tim Bartley