Re: proxyauthwant = NTLM | BASIC

From: Jörg Müller-Tolk <>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:34:59 +0200
Hi Daniel
Currently, as far as I am aware of, if you specify more NTLM and BASIC for
wanted authorization methods, you will allways fail to pass the proxy.
That's a bug.
Would it be promising in this case to transmit the credentials for both
No. That would defeat a lot of stuff. For example, Basic is sending the name
and password as plaintext, while the other authentications don't.
Yes, as I read this, it becomes obvious to me.
What does this teach? Think first and then ask silly questions :-)

Joerg M-T
------------------------------------------------------- This email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. Received on 2003-09-11