post data in a chunk to http server and also receive data from there to a chunk

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:04:24 -0700

Hi All,
I would like to have my own callback function invoked by curl once the data
is received from server side
And, I have a class called A

Class A {
    setBuffer(char *buf) { m_buf = buf; }
    setBufSize(const int m_size) { m_size = size; )

char * m_buf;
int m_size;

can I just simply point m_buf to the data received from server, like this

size_t WriteMemoryCallback(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, void *data)

Then I can manipulate the data via A.

- is it doable? or I have to "copy" the data into my buffer? how long does
the data would be "alive"? when the data would be deleted?
- Furthermore, who needs to delete the data? curl would do it?

Basically, what I want is curl simply doesn't delete the data, then we can
delete the data once we know we won't use it anymore.

- Jerry

This email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.